This is our frequently asked questions page. There are many like it, but this one is ours. Check back here regularly ahead of the conference as we'll be adding more info as it comes to light.
Where's the conference program?
It's right here.
When does the conference start at end each day?
On Friday, the conference will kick off at 08:45, and end at 17:00. The Gala Awards Dinner will start an hour later at 18:00
On Saturday, the conference will begin at 09:00 and end at 17:00, leading straight into the BN live broadcast. Club Night will begin at 19:00
Where and when do I get my conference accreditation?
Your conference lanyard can be picked up during the BN party at Bentspoke on Thursday night, or before the conference on Friday morning.
If you are collecting your lanyard on Friday morning, please arrive early - the conference kicks off at 08:45 sharp!
Where and when do I pickup my pre-order merchandise?
Pre-order merchandise will be available at the merch desk at the conference during the morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea breaks.
Where and when do I pickup my pre-order merchandise?
You didn't book your hotel yet? Wow. Let's keep Canberra's gutters clean and find you somewhere to stay in our accommodation page.
I broke my tasting glass. Can I have another?
Seriously? Once we've conducted an RSA test, you will have the option to purchase a replacement tasting glass from our stock of 2010 and 2012 glasses.
Who do I reach out to in case I get lost, scared, or wet?
Anyone in a grey staff t-shirt, or a Canberra Brewer (who will point you to someone on staff).
It's Sunday and I am still peaking. Where can I get some dog hair action?
If you're hanging around, there's plenty of places to keep the party going on Sunday:
- Stock your cellar at Plonk who open up nice and early on Sunday
- Check out the Transit Bar's Feral tap takeover and enjoy their free pool Sundays
- Head back to Bentspoke and relive your Thursday night
- See what the Brewcult tap takeover at the Durham Castle Arms has to offer
If you'd prefer something more invigorating and less intoxicating, check out our list of non beer related adventures at the bottom of this page.
The Magical Mystery Tour
When does the Magical Mystery Tour start?
The MMT will kick off after lunch. Lunch will kick off after the AABC judging finishes. Probably around 14:00. If you aren't involved with AABC and have an MMT ticket, let us know and we'll make sure we don't leave you behind.
Will the Magical Mystery Tour clash with the BN event on Thursday night?
No. The MMT will end at Bentspoke just before the BN event kicks off.
The Magical Mystery Tour is sold out. Dude. That is not cool.
The Gala Awards Dinner
The Gala Dinner is sold out. Dude. That is not cool.
What are the drop off/delivery arrangements for club night kegs?
- Shipping: We’ve set up a Canberra based receiving point for club night kegs. Here’s what you need to do
2 Ship your keg(s) to the Harmonie German Club. 49 Jerrabomberra Ave Narrabundah ACT 2604 (02) 6295 9853. Attn: ANHC Club Night.
3. Please ensure your shipment aims to arrive October 8-15th. (The Harmonie German Club is very kindly making its cold room and receiving capacity available to us so we’re trying limit our impact by keeping it to this window of time).
- Bringing with you: what if you’re not shipping beer and you’ve just buckled your keg into the passenger seat to keep you company on the drive to Canberra? - no worries. Bring your keg to the conference. We’ll have a mobile coolroom setup and you can load it in to chill. We recommend you do that a minimum of 24 hours before Club Night.
In either case, please label your keg in a durable way with your name, club (if applicable) and mobile or other contact information. Orphaned kegs are hard to reunite with their owners without these details.
What gear is provided for club night?
If you’re just shipping small things like a couple of taps or lines then you can include this with your keg to Harmonie club. If your club has a theme bar or other bulkier items it needs to be either brought with you on the day to the Uni House venue (between the hours of 5.30-7.00pm) or shipped to us ahead of time. In that case, please let us know the details of shipping ahead of time (your name etc, shipper name, expected arrival date).
We can provide you with a delivery address.
What are the set up and take down arrangements for club night?
Set-up, take down, pick up: Your club will need to nominate some volunteers to set up, take down, and picking up gear the morning after. There is roughly 1 hour to set up, 1 hour to take down, and 3 hours to pick up the next day (Sunday October 19th).
How do I make sure my beer is ready for club night voting?
There will be a sign up sheet at the merch desk during both days of the conference. Both individual and club brewed USB's must be registered on the signup sheet to be eligible for voting.
What else can I do in Canberra?
Where can I get a decent cup of coffee?
Our mates and sponsors at the cupping room have your back.
Every conference ticket holder gets a free coffee, and they sell fantastic breakfast too!
What else can I do in Canberra that's beer related?
The Transit Bar is running a Feral tap takeover all weekend. The Durham Castle Arms is featuring Brewcult.
What else can I do in Canberra that's not beer related?
There's plenty around:
- The National War memorial
- The Kingston Glass Works and Bus Depot Markest
- National treasures at the national library
- Head to the former site of the Wig and Pen and pay your respects
- Behind the lines political cartoons at old Parliament House
- The National Dinosaur Museum
- The Turrell Skyspace at the NGA at sunrise or sunset
- The beautiful forests in the Brindabellas
- Walk around the lake
- Visit the three mountains (Ainsle, Black Mountain, Red Hill)
- Fyshwick for the adult supermarkets or suppliers of specialist fittings for your brew rigs, depending on who's asking